Exercise: Two Dozen

 

























For this exercise I decided to shoot at the Waco courthouse and at cameron park near the walking trail. The images from my two locations differed pretty greatly especially when it came down to the people who were captured in some of my photos. At the courthouse I saw a lot of sheriffs and business professionals, where at Cameron Park everyone was there to go on a walk, run or ride their bike. I think there is a greater range to my images at the second location (Cameron Park) because after taking all my photos at the first location I had a better understanding at how to look at my surroundings in different ways. I think the images did become a little harder to shoot at the very end, especially near the courthouse, because in some areas it is hard to find meaningful compositions that would look appealing. I did however take some photos at both locations that I am very happy with. I noticed that with some of the items I took photos of I would take two photos of the same thing but change the orientation or the crop on the image in order to see which one I liked more. To me these slight differences made the photos look a lot different. I liked this exercise because it made me think creatively and intentionally on how I wanted to capture my images, especially because we could not delete or edit any of the photos afterwards.

Comments

  1. There is a lot of variety in these images. You show 360 degrees of the area, and vertical motion. I like that how you included images of the sky throw the trees, and also the river. I do wish you would have explored different heights of shooting though. Like getting down close up images of the grass. or sidewalk.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Exercise: Two Dozen

Exercise - Two Dozen